VICKERS HARDNESS GAUGE
Hardness gauge can be measured by suppressing the material know amount of load is applied with a load of another material. Materials cope plastic deformation resistance is associated with yield strength, such as the relative hardness can be determined by applying a force. The use of hard materials such as diamond indenter as the deformation force is applied only on the material (test specimen) are limited.
Brinell and Vickers in the methods is measuring hardness, the trail is measured by the size of the penetration depth is measured by the Rockwell method.
Soft materials with special methods to very hard materials hardened have a wide application range.
- Load should be applied without impact
- Sample surface should be smooth and bright
- The diamond should be protected from the impact and shock
- Allowing the center part of the sample remaining on the edge or on the edge of another permit until the distance should be at least 3d.
- Pyramid-end load P dipped vertically into the test piece, trace diagonals must be measured with precision 0.002 mm.